April 6, 2015

MILLET COCONUT (CHEESE)CAKE

Hi guys, so finally first post! Sorry it took me so long! But here I am with my first recipe for this absolutely delicious vegan gluten free cheesecake. Well there is obviously no cheese but it literally tastes like cheesecake and has the same consistency. I am sure you will love it! You can make a lot of different flavours but I decided to go with coconut because well....it's coconut!
INGREDIENTS
1 cup raw millet
1 & 1/2 cup plant based milk( I used vanilla rice milk)
1 cup coconut cream
1/3 cup sweetener ( I used raw cane sugar)
1/2 cup coconut flakes
1 tbsp lucuma powder (optional)
4 tbsp lemon juice

PREPARATION
First cook your millet with milk and coconut cream (it will take around 20 minutes). In meantime toast coconut flakes. When your millet is cooked add sugar and around 2/3 of coconut flakes and blend everything until smooth. Add lemon juice and lucuma powder, mix everything and that's it! Now grease your cake form with coconut oil and sprinkle some coconut flakes, Pour cake batter and sprinkle the rest of coconut flakes on top. Bake in preheated to 180 C oven for around 1 hour! 

xoxo
Asia


No comments: